Published on January 20th, 2016 | Post Views: 3,089 Hits0
eXo Platform — An Open Source, Enterprise Social Platform
In 2002 this open source project begins by eXo, as the industry’s first Java portlet container. But, due to customer demand the project grew into a company in 2003. Now the result is in front of us, eXo is a rapidly growing global company, whose headquarters is in San Francisco, California and global headquarters are in France, and offices in Tunisia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
Definition: eXo Platform is an open source social-collaboration software designed for enterprises. It has so many features like ( extensible, based on standards and amazing design.)
|Image Source: exoplatform|
Features of eXo Platform:
• Portal Framework
– Standards-based: JSR-286 container, WSRP support, and OpenSocial container facilitate the integration and reuse developed 3rd party apps.
– Customizable: Management of page and layout is very easy using drag and drop and WYSIWYG editors.
– Authentication and Security: Compatible with major SSO solutions (CAS, JOSSO, and OpenSSO) and JAAS.
– Multilingual support: This software is available in Multilingual languages like English, French, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese and is readily translatable.
• Content Management
– Website creation: By developing or extending templates build advanced websites. Content can be added easily in both frontend and backend.
– Multi-site support: Using the same platform we can easily build intranets, extranets and corporate websites and are able to share users, content and applications between sites.
– Document Management: Store and manage file documents in an xCMIS-compliant repository.
– Profiles: You can add information about your professional background and skills. Co-workers with related or relevant knowledge and experience should be find and connect with others in your organization through the people directory.
– OpenSocial: It contains OpenSocial-compliant gadget container that enabled to supports oAuth, REST and RPC Social APIs.
– Spaces: Create your own collaboration spaces complete with dashboards, discussion forums, calendars, and documents. Invite other users to join.
• Collaboration & Knowledge Management
– Wiki: It improves knowledge capture and sharing.
– Forum: Message board with built-in security, rating, polls and moderation.
– Calendar: Only those calender allows users to manage multiple personal and group agendas and share them with others that are Complete and integrated.
– Answers & FAQ: Build and manage your users’ knowledge assets via a powerful Q&A system.
• The Standards compliance are: JCR, CMIS, OpenSocial, WEBDAV, FTP, iCal, JEE, Portlets.
• Enterprise Integration: single sign on (CAS, JOSSO, OpenSSO, Kerberos / SPNEGO, SAML), LDAP & Active Directory.
• Databases used are: MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, MS SQLServer, Sybase, DB2.
• App Servers : Tomcat.
• JVM : Oracle Java 6 and 7, OpenJDK 6 and 7, IBM Java 6 & 7.
Those applications that need content management eXo platform can easily develop it that, access control, or social features. For building and integrating applications, gadgets and mashups, it includes a web-based IDE. In addition, it also offers native mobile applications, a full-featured enterprise wiki, multi-tenancy and cloud management capabilities.
– It is easy to setup.
– No maintenance cost and flexible billing.
– It is fully customizable.
– Enterprise integration and multiple support plans.
Here is the video about what you can do with eXo platform: