Published on March 15th, 2017 | 989 views
Ccrypt: A Tool For Encryption & Decryption Of Files
Ccrypt is a command-line utility for encrypting and decrypting files as well as streams. It replaces the old Unix crypt utility. It offers the strong encryption which is based on the Rijndael cipher, the cipher that is also used in the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- It can let you encrypt literally everything, whether you have media, text, document, achieves etc.
- This tool uses AES algorithm on the backend, just like all other popular encryption utilities.
- It provides encryption facility on the basis of both, password and key file.
- It has design mechanism that after encrypting the file successfully, it removes the source file and currently no way to bypass this restriction.
- It is a tiny application, extremely lightweight as it consumes almost no resources with almost no memory footprints.
- Installation and usage are extremely easy, it’s a must have app for Linux users.