Published on March 14th, 2019 📆 | 4310 Views ⚑0
PFQ – Functional Network Framework For Multi-Core Architectures
- Data-path with full lock-free architecture.
- Preallocated pools of socket buffers.
- Compliant with a plethora of network devices drivers.
- Rx and Tx line-rate on 10-Gbit links (14,8 Mpps), tested with Intel ixgbe vanilla drivers.
- Transparent support of kernel threads for asynchronous packets transmission.
- Transmission with active timestamping.
- Groups of sockets which enable concurrent monitoring of multiple multi-threaded applications.
- Per-group packet steering through randomized hashing or deterministic classification.
- Per-group Berkeley and VLAN filters.
- User-space libraries for C, C++11-14 and Haskell language.
- Functional engine for in-kernel packet processing with pfq-lang.
- pfq-lang eDLS for C++11-14 and Haskell language.
- pfq-lang compiler used to parse and compile pfq-lang programs.
- Accelerated pcap library for legacy applications (line-speed tested with captop).
- I/O user<->kernel memory-mapped communications allocated on top of HugePages.
- pfqd daemon used to configure and parallelize (pcap) legacy applications.
- pfq-omatic script that automatically accelerates vanilla drivers.
- "PFQ: a Novel Engine for Multi-Gigabit Packet Capturing With Multi-Core Commodity Hardware": Best-Paper-Award at PAM2012, paper avaiable from here
- "A Purely Functional Approach to Packet Processing": ANCS 2014 Conference (October 2014, Marina del Rey)
- "Network Traffic Processing with PFQ": JSAC-SI-MT/IEEE journal Special Issue on Measuring and Troubleshooting the Internet (March 2016)
- "Enabling Packet Fan--Out in the libpcap Library for Parallel Traffic Processing": Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis Conference (TMA 2017)
- "A Pipeline Functional Language for Stateful Packet Processing": IEEE International Workshop on NEtwork Accelerated FunctIOns (NEAF-IO '17)
- "The Acceleration of OfSoftSwitch": IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFV-SDN '17)
- "Functional Network Programming" at Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communication - (Sep. 2016)
- "Software Accelerations for Network Applications" at NetV IRISA / Technicolor Workshop on Network Virtualization (Feb. 2017)
Nicola Bonelli [email protected]
Contributors (in chronological order)
Andrea Di Pietro [email protected]
Loris Gazzarrini [email protected]
Gregorio Procissi [email protected]
Giacomo Volpi [email protected]
Luca Abeni [email protected]
Tolysz [email protected]
LSB [email protected]
Andrey Korolyov [email protected]
MrClick [email protected]
Paul Emmerich [email protected]
Bach Le [email protected]
Marian Jancar [email protected]
nizq [email protected]
Giuseppe Sucameli [email protected]
Sergio Borghese [email protected]
Fabio Del Vigna [email protected]
PFQ home-page is www.pfq.io