This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by TiredBlowfish 1 month, 1 week ago.
- August 15, 2020 at 12:43 am #295058
Hackers can eavesdrop on mobile calls with $7,000 worth of equipment
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295060
How about they give me the 7000$ and I’ll tell them what I said, instead?
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295061
“Criminals” can listen in for $7000
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295062
> Because of an error in the way many carriers implement VoLTE
>The implementation error ReVoLTE exploits is the tendency for base stations to use some of the same cryptographic material to encrypt two or more calls when they’re made in close succession.
What I’m getting from these bits here is this isn’t all carriers, and it’s a tower-side software problem which makes it a lot more fixable.
Also, it looks like there’s no guarantee this attack will work, and you have to do it per-person.
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295063
I always wondered what Alice and Bob look like. Finally.
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295064
You’re going to have do a lot of carding to buy that shit.
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295065
Ok so route it over a VPN and use SIP
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295066
Who uses their phone for talking anymore?
- August 15, 2020 at 12:44 am #295067
Yet, lawmakers want to create backdoor and remove encryption instead of improving it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.