Published on February 26th, 2016 📆 | 5363 Views ⚑0
Appie v3 – Android Pentesting Portable Integrated Environment
Appie is a software package that has been pre-configured to function as an Android Pentesting Environment on any windows based machine without the need of a Virtual Machine(VM) or dualboot.
It is completely portable and can be carried on USB stick or your smartphone. It is one of its kind Android Security Analysis Tool and is a one stop answer for all the tools needed in Android Application Security Assessment, Android Forensics, Android Malware Analysis.
Difference between Appie and existing environments ?
- Tools contained in Appie are running on host machine instead of running on virtual machine.
- Less Space Needed(Only around 1.5GB required compared to atleast 10 GB of Virual Machine)
- As the name suggests it is completely Portable i.e it can be carried on USB Stick or on your own smartphoneand your pentesting environment will go wherever you go without any configuring changes.
- Awesome Interface
Below are some of changes which have been made from previous version:
- It now have Python 2.7.11(32 bit) so that even 32 bit systems have no problem with usage.
- Also updated the Conemu framework which i use as a base terminal.
- Although all the tools are now updated in Appie, but in this version i have introduced a simple update script through which you can update all the tools inside Appie without downloading new version of Appie. So at the end this saves your lot of time.
- It is lot more faster now, if you are an existing user of Appie than you will notice that.
Some new tools have been included in this version:-
Below is short demonstration video of Appie.