Help Me !!

A spammer is using my email address

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eyesborn 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

tomalot
    Participant

Apparently someone is using my email address for spam, because I keep getting replies sent to it – you know, those out-of-office auto replies. The good news is I know where it’s coming from because I’ve gotten a few emails back with the headers of the original spam email, which I’ve pasted at the bottom of this post.

I did some research and found that barroux1.serveur-dedie.fr is associated with some seemingly legitimate websites. Any ideas?

Here’s the spam reply:

The message you sent requires that you verify that you are a real live human being and not a spam source.

To complete this verification, simply reply to this message and leave the subject line intact or click the link below:

https://www.simplytop.com/cgi-sys/[email protected]&id=bz_QiKFPa8KjZcLvAzpJP-1400919050

The headers of the message sent from your address are shown below:

From [email protected] Sat May 24 03:10:50 2014
    Received: from barroux1.serveur-dedie.fr ([91.212.205.176]:42735)
    by gator3037.hostgator.com with esmtp (Exim 4.82)
    (envelope-from [email protected])
    id 1Wo72Y-0005aw-JJ
    for [email protected]; Sat, 24 May 2014 03:10:50 -0500
    Received: by barroux1.serveur-dedie.fr (Postfix, from userid 3038)
    id 2CB4760101C2; Sat, 24 May 2014 10:10:48 +0200 (CEST)
    To: [email protected],,
    Subject: Une recommandation de la part de Earnie
    Message-Id: [email protected]
    Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 10:10:48 +0200 (CEST)

drwpack
    Participant

More than likely it’s being sent through a compromised web server so the traffic appears legitimate and is getting sent without a problem.

There isn’t much you can do..

ineedz
    Participant

You can add DKIM/SPF entries to your DNS records. Won’t stop it, may reduce it.

tomalot
    Participant

thanks

eyesborn
    Participant

As drawpic said, its most likely a spoof attack. There is literally nothing you can do to combat spoof attacks.

Either an enemy, or automated bot just blasting emails trying to make you look bad is what I’d assume.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Back to Top ↑