Help Me !!

Help me with the MSF Payload

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kehlyos 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

fawkes
    Participant

I’ve never used the payload.exe and wanted to try it. I created one and it said it was saved in the root of SET. How do I navigate there?

Kehlyos
    Participant

That’s a uber basic question, it feels like you are not knowing what you are doing. You should probably learn Linux, it’s file system, some bash first and then you could use Kali linux to “hack ” ( I hate Kali, you will learn 100 times more by setting up a Debian distro and by being familiar with it and then installing the tools you need )

You should never use metasploit, and anything else without knowing what you’re doing.

The answer : Navigate to the root folder, show hidden files, eventually go to the directory SET and here you are

fawkes
    Participant

Well thank you for helping me. I know that was a simple question but I haven’t “hacked” with it. I’m kinda just trying to you around. Which distro would you recommend?

Kehlyos
    Participant

I recommend debian (netinstall ) And a second device with a working internet connection, like a phone, because you are sure to google a lot!

I can’t recommend a good book, I learned in autodidact, but you can find great reading material on the various wiki’s ( even if it is not your distro ) Good luck !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Back to Top ↑