Published on June 11th, 2020 📆 | 6590 Views ⚑0
How to upload files to your Dropbox account from a computer or mobile device
- You can upload files to Dropbox via your desktop or mobile device.
- Uploading files to Dropbox from your computer is as easy as dragging and dropping the files from your hard drive into a Dropbox folder.
- In the mobile app, you’ll need to upload files using the “Create” menu.
As one of the leading cloud storage services, Dropbox allows you to upload, share, and access files and folders through its mobile apps, or straight from your internet browser.
Whether you have a basic or business subscription, it’s easy to upload files to your Dropbox account. Advertisement
So if you’re looking to share files with others, or just want to free up storage space on your computer or mobile device, here are step-by-step instructions to upload a file to Dropbox. You can do this using the Dropbox website on your Mac or PC, as well as the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to upload files to Dropbox from a computer
The simplest way to upload files to Dropbox is to drag and drop the files from your hard drive.
1. Go to the Dropbox website in your preferred web browser and sign in to your account.
2. Navigate into the folder you wish to upload the file to. Alternatively, you can upload the file to your Dropbox without a folder.
3. Locate the file you want to upload on your hard drive, and drag it to the browser window.
4. Once you drop it into the window, your file is uploaded.
In addition to the drag-and-drop method, you can also browse your hard drive to select the files to upload:
5. Once you log into Dropbox, you’ll be taken to your account’s homepage. Toward the right side of the page will be a list of options. Click “Upload files.”Advertisement
6. Choose files you want to upload and click “Open.”
7. Click “Upload” after you’ve chosen an existing folder in Dropbox for the file, or created a new folder. Your file is uploaded. Advertisement
How to upload files to Dropbox from the mobile app
1. After downloading the Dropbox mobile app on your iPhone or Android device, sign in.
2. From the Home screen, tap “Create” at the very bottom, below the plus sign.
3. Tap “Create or Upload File,” then select “Upload File.”
4. Browse to find the file you want to upload, and tap the file.
5. You’ll be presented with a screen that asks which folder the file should be uploaded to. Tap “Choose a Folder.” You can also rename the file on this screen by tapping its name.
6. When you’ve chosen a destination for the upload, you’ll be taken back to the prior screen, where you can now tap “Upload.”
Once your file is uploaded, you can share it with others, or access it via your mobile device or any computer, as long as you have your Dropbox login info.