Published on June 21st, 2020 📆 | 6649 Views ⚑3
"Meltdown – Specter and other kernel side channel attacks." The greatest attacks ever made on CPU.
These attacks shook the world. These are the deadliest attack ever made on CPU. Every device which has a CPU in it is vulnerable to these hacks. Right from your desktop to your smartphone.
This video covers:-
1) Meltdown – Spectre and other kernel side channel attacks.
2) A detailed discussion on Variant 1 to 6 attacks.
3) What is CVE?
4) How CPU works?
5) How do these attacks work?
6) Mitigations of it.
7) Side effects of mitigations.
8) Fundamentals of computer, CPU, Memory.
9) Architecture based Linux kernel tuning parameters.
10) Retpoline approach.
11) Tricks played by CPU to speed up the execution.
12) OS internals like – Page, Page Table, TLB, ALU, FPU, Process layout, hyperthreading etc.
Background music info:-
QUEEN OF THE SKIES by Nicolai Heidlas Music
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported— CC BY 3.0
Music promoted by Audio Library