Published on April 29th, 2020 📆 | 7440 Views ⚑0
Microsoft releases Windows 10 Build 19619 with freeze fixes
Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619 to Insiders in the Fast ring with fixes for frequent freezes on some systems, music controls to the Your Phone app, and quick access to COVID-19 info from search.
“We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing bugchecks with error DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION in the last few builds,” Windows Insider Program senior program manager Brandon LeBlanc said. “This is also believed to be the root cause of some Insiders experiencing their PC frequently freezing.”
This new Windows 10 Preview build also provides Insiders with quick access to trusted info regarding the coronavirus pandemic via the Windows search bar.
If you are a Windows Insider in the Fast ring, you can update to the Insider Preview Build 19619.1000 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
The most notable changes found in this new Windows 10 Insider build are detailed below.
Your Phone app music and audio controls
Microsoft has added new controls to the Your Phone app allowing Windows insiders to control the music and audio playing on their smartphones from their Windows 10 devices.
“Now you can access and control the audio apps playing from your phone directly within the app, without needing to split your attention between devices or breaking your workflow,” LeBlanc added.
“Your audio tracks will remain in sync between your phone and PC, and you can switch between multiple sources using the dropdown in the player. Give it a try and let us know what you think!”
The new Your Phone audio controls added in the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19619 allow users to:
To use the Your Phone app, you need a device running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later, a smartphone running Android 7.0+, and audio apps that provide controls within Android’s notifications.
Some of the apps supported by this new Your Phone feature are Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Xiami Music, and Google Podcast.
At the moment the music controls feature is slowly rolling out to Your Phone users therefore it might take a few days until it will land on your device.
General changes & improvements:
- If the Sync button under Settings > Time & Language > Time fails due to network connectivity, the error now tells you that’s the issue.
- We fixed an issue while typing into the browser that could result in the Japanese IME unexpectedly being in Private mode even though the browser wasn’t in inPrivate mode.
- We fixed an issue causing many Schannel errors to appear in the System event log.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some unexpected characters showing up in the text strings of intl.cpl’s Additional Settings > Currency.
- We fixed an issue resulting in stordiag.exe crashing on launch if you tried to open it while running a repro mode trace while filing feedback under the “Disks and Storage” context in the Feedback Hub.
- We’re aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re still investigating an issue where the Documents and Downloads sections under Privacy show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re investigating reports that the battery icon on the lock screen always shows close to empty, regardless of actual battery levels.
- We’re investigating reports of IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build. You will need to back up your IIS configuration and restore it after the new build is installed successfully.
- Quickly switching between WSL distros using the File Explorer integration could cause a transient access error. We’ve identified the cause of this issue and are releasing a fix soon.