Published on August 12th, 2020 📆 | 5154 Views ⚑0
New Guide: How Akamai Helps You Protect Privacy Data
Laws and regulations related to personally identifiable information (PII) are continuously being enacted around the world as data breaches and abuses persist. According to the February 2020 United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, 132 out of 194 countries had legislation put in place to secure the protection of data and privacy.
Understanding the variations among the many different privacy and data protection laws can be challenging. From the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) in the United States, Australia’s Privacy Act (APA), Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI), and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), each regulation has its own nuances.
Our customers often ask for guidance on specific privacy law sections as well as the ways Akamai supports compliance. To help you sort through the details, we compiled a list of general requirements that can be found across many data protection and privacy regulations around the world in A Guide to Support Data Privacy Requirements with Akamai Identity Cloud. This guide describes each obligation briefly, as well as how our customer identity and access management (CIAM) solution, Akamai Identity Cloud, can help address them.
CIAM is a systematic approach paired with dedicated software solutions that has been critical in helping brands collect and manage customers’ personal data in a way that ensures security and compliance with regulatory measures. CIAM enables organizations to utilize customer data within their marketing automation and content management systems so that brands can continue to create highly personalized customer experiences, while at the same time satisfying regulatory requirements and privacy.
Data Protection Requirements
The guide covers common data protection obligations from the various privacy laws and regulations around the world and explains how to use Akamai Identity Cloud to support compliance. The common obligations covered include:
Overview of Laws and Regulations
We also explain how to comply with various privacy laws and regulations. The guide currently covers 10 of the most important regulations around the world:
- European Union (EU): General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- California: California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Canada: Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Mexico: The Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares, LFPDPPP) 2010 and the related regulations of 2011
- Australia: Australian Privacy Act (APA); Privacy Act 1988 / Australian Privacy Principles (APP)
- Japan: Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI)
- Singapore: Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA)
- Brazil: General Data Privacy Law; Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais (LGPD)
- Argentina: Argentina Personal Data Protection Law, Ley de Protección de Datos Personales (LPDP)
- India: The Indian Personal Data Protection Bill (PDP Bill 2019) (Note: Introduced by the Indian Parliament, this bill was in discussion as of May 2020 and is included for the sake of completeness)
In addition, you can view the Global Compliance Reference Architecture to understand how Akamai can help you secure privacy data. For more information about the Akamai Intelligent Edge Platform and security solutions, visit akamai.com.
*** This is a Security Bloggers Network syndicated blog from The Akamai Blog authored by Elmar Witte. Read the original post at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheAkamaiBlog/~3/HLdbASaGtH8/new-guide-how-akamai-helps-you-protect-privacy-data.html