Published on March 9th, 2021 📆 | 3098 Views ⚑0
Red Hat Security Advisory 2021-0780-01 ≈ Packet Storm
Red Hat Security Advisory
Synopsis: Important: Red Hat Ansible Tower 3.8.2-1 – Container security and bug fix update
Advisory ID: RHSA-2021:0780-01
Product: Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
Advisory URL: https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2021:0780
Issue date: 2021-03-09
CVE Names: CVE-2020-10543 CVE-2020-10878 CVE-2020-12723
CVE-2020-35678 CVE-2021-3281 CVE-2021-20178
CVE-2021-20180 CVE-2021-20191 CVE-2021-20228
Red Hat Ansible Tower 3.8.2-1 – Container
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact
of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score,
which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability
from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
* Addressed a security issue which can allow a malicious playbook author to
elevate to the awx user from outside the isolated environment:
* Upgraded to a more recent version of Django to address CVE-2021-3281.
* Upgraded to a more recent version of autobahn to address CVE-2020-35678.
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS
score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE
page(s) listed in the References section.
* Upgraded to the latest oVirt inventory plugin to resolve a number of
inventory syncing issues that can occur on RHEL7.
* Upgraded to the latest theforeman.foreman inventory plugin to resolve a
few bugs and performance regressions.
* Fixed several issues related to how Tower rotates its log files.
* Fixed a bug which can prevent Tower from installing on RHEL8 with certain
* Fixed a bug which can cause unanticipated delays in certain playbook
* Fixed a bug which can cause job runs to fail for playbooks that print
certain types of raw binary data.
* Fixed a bug which can cause unnecessary records in the Activity Stream
when Automation Analytics data is collected.
* Fixed a bug which can cause Tower PostgreSQL backups to fail when a
non-default PostgreSQL username is specified.
* Fixed a bug which can intermittently cause access to encrypted Tower
settings to fail, resulting in failed job launches.
* Fixed a bug which can cause certain long-running jobs running on isolated
nodes to unexpectedly fail.
For information on upgrading Ansible Tower, reference the Ansible Tower
Upgrade and Migration Guide:
4. Bugs fixed (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/):
1911314 – CVE-2020-35678 python-autobahn: allows redirect header injection
1919969 – CVE-2021-3281 django: Potential directory-traversal via archive.extract()
1928847 – CVE-2021-20253 ansible-tower: Privilege escalation via job isolation escape
The Red Hat security contact is
details at https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact/
Copyright 2021 Red Hat, Inc.
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–
Version: GnuPG v1
—–END PGP SIGNATURE—–
RHSA-announce mailing list